Scott’s creed for creating an extraordinary customer experience is simple: invest in those actions that lie at the intersection of increased customer loyalty and a favorable return on investment.
Over the past 30 years, Scott has been empowering marketplace leaders from all industries to deliver a more profitable customer experience by helping them leverage good science.
As he sees it, good science isn’t about just keeping score or chasing a number. Good science consists in using the voice of the customer to compel those actions that yield the best ROI for improving the customer experience.
Having collaborated with more than 500 companies, worldwide, in nearly every sector, Scott has a well-rounded, results-focused, and practical perspective on how to make the leap from measuring to managing the customer experience.
A social scientist by training – in the disciplines of Social Psychology and Communication – Scott has a special affection for data, applied analytics, and the value of a fact-based approach to engineering a better customer experience. A pragmatic business analyst by vocation, he believes that the secret sauce for realizing customer experience profitability is motivating managers to translate the voice of the customer into a business case.
As Scott often remarks, “data doesn’t take action – people do.” Scott’s forte is helping companies translate voice of the customer survey data into effective, actionable business plans. An emerging thought leader, Scott’s work and perspectives are routinely featured in the national and international conversation about the customer experience.
You might read about his views in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, Business Week, Forbes, or Money. Or perhaps you might see his work referenced on CNN, MSNBC, or CBS News.
Scott lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife, Jennifer, and their three children, Ellen, Elizabeth, and Benjamin.
Books Written by Scott M. Broetzmann
Strategic Customer Service, 2nd Ed.
- 30+ years
- TARP US, Chief Operations Officer
- TARP Europe, Managing Director
- Council of Better Business Bureaus
- University of Wisconsin- Madison, B.A., Psychology/Communication Arts, 1982
- University of Wisconsin- Madison, M.A., Communication Arts, 2018
- Chairman, Advisory Board, Communication Arts Partners, University Of Wisconsin-Madison
- Advisory Board Center for Communication Research, University Of Wisconsin-Madison
- Past Board Member, Arizona State University
- Past Board Member, National Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Past Chair, The Diocesan Fund For Human Need, Episcopal Diocese Of Virginia
- Past Member, Advisory Board, 2010, 2011, 2012 Better Business Bureau International Torch Awards
- Past Member, Advisory Board, 2004 Fast Company Customer First Awards
- Past Senior Warden of the Vestry of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
- Member, Council Of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO)
- Co-Founder, Customer Care Alliance
- Reviewer – California Management Review (CMR) Journal
- Reviewer – Journal of Creating Value