Pioneer. Innovator. Influencer. Three words that convey the authentic and continuing impact of Marc’s body of work. His legacy is firmly rooted in more than four decades of service to some 500 companies around the world.
In the 1970’s, the results of Marc’s landmark research for the White House Office Of Consumer Affairs created no less than a paradigm shift in business practice. Refuting the prevailing wisdom that customer care was a cost center, his seminal study substantiated and quantified the marketing and brand loyalty benefits of effective customer care.
In the 1980’s, Marc’s entrepreneurial work became a cornerstone of corporate America’s efforts to deliver a better customer experience. He developed proven methodologies for measuring customer care ROI, created best practice frameworks for benchmarking customer care effectiveness, designed leading edge customer care training programs, and created a software solution that was a forerunner of today’s CRM applications. These efforts were pivotal to launching some of America’s inaugural toll free customer care centers and ongoing customer satisfaction tracking programs.
In the 1990’s, Marc helped shape a global interest in a better customer experience, working with companies in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East.
Marc’s legacy of cutting-edge work continues today. He provides strategic consulting to leading companies that seek a better ROI for their customer experience investments.
Marc and his wife Diane reside in Potomac, Maryland.
- More than 40 years
- TARP US, Founder & Chairman
- TARP Europe, Founder & Managing Director
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science, 1969, Magna Cum Laude/Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1972
- Co-Founder, Customer Care Alliance
- Past Chair, Board Of Trustees, American Craft Council
- Advisory Board Member, The Furniture Society
- Advisory Board Member, The Textile Museum
- Past Vice President, The James Renwick Alliance
- Board Member, The Founder’s Circle Of The Mint Museum Of Craft + Design